Online Caribbean Stud Poker
Caribbean Stud poker (also known as Casino Five Card Stud Poker in the UK) is a casino card game based on five card stud. The offers some big payoffs a royal Flush paying as much as 1000 to 1 depending on the casino that you play at. The game also commonly has a side bet options where a royal flush can win a progressive jackpot.
Please Note : Bonus offers are for new players only. Terms and conditions apply and you must be 18+ to play
Caribbean Stud Information
Caribbean Stud is a popular casino card game that offers some of the highest payouts of any card game. The game is based on the five card stud version of poker but in this case you play against the dealer instead of other players. An optional side bet is available on most games which offers bonus pays from winning hands that are a flush or better.
How to Play
You start a game by placing chips on the ante section of the table and a £1 bet on the side bet if you want to play for the jackpot. You are then dealt five cards and the dealer is dealt five cards with one card face up. You can then either play by placing a bet double the size of your ante on the bet spot or fold.
Once you have made you decision the dealers hand is revealed and the hands are compared. The dealer needs A, K or higher to qualify. If the dealer does not qualify the player is paid even money on the ante bet and the raise is returned. If the dealer qualifies the hands are compared and the player wins if the player hand is of higher value.
A winning player hand pays even money on the ante and the other payouts are based on the players hand with the royal flush being the best outcome. If the player and dealer hands tie then both the ante and raise push. The pays for a winning hand where the dealer qualifies are listed below with the hand rankings.
Hand Rankings & Payouts
The hand rankings in Caribbean Stud are the same as regular poker hand rankings. Below we list the hand rankings and the typical payouts for each hand. Please note that the payouts vary from casino to casino with the royal flush, four of a kind and straight flush pays often being where the differences are.
- Royal Flush (100 to 1) : An ace high straight flush (10, J, Q K and A of the same suit)
- Straight Flush (50 to 1) : Any hand consisting of five consecutive cards all of the same suit
- Four of a Kind (20 to 1) : Any hand with four cards of the same value
- Full House (7 to 1) : A hand consisting of a pair and a three of a kind
- Flush (5 to 1) : Five cards of the same suit (Non consecutive cards)
- Straight (4 to 1) : Five consecutive cards of mixed suits
- Three of a Kind (3 to 1) : Three cards of the same value and two other non matched cards
- Two Pair (2 to 1) : A hand consisting of two pairs of matched cards
- Pair (1 to ) : A hand with two cards of the same value and three unmatched cards
- High Card (1 to 1) : A hand consisting of none of the above is ranked by the highest card
Progressive Jackpot Side Bet
A £1 side bet is available on most versions of Caribbean Stud and this gives you access to several bonus pays as well as the main progressive jackpot. The side bet pays regardless of the dealers hand but you have to raise to get to the end of the hand. This is not an issue as you will always raise with a flush or better anyway. To win the whole progressive jackpot you need a royal flush. Most games offer 10% of the jackpot for a straight flush as well.